A few weeks ago I ran into a small bug when updating the TFS proxy account (domain account) via the TFS Administrator Console on the TFS 2012 proxy server.
So, the UI does not provide a way to immediately switch to another domain account. The bug has been reported to the TFS product team and a fix will be provided in the (near) future.
Here’s a possible workaround (until it gets fixed in the product):
- Unconfigure proxy in TFS Administration Console
- Select Root node in TFS Administration Console
- Click on the “Remove Feature” link on the right
- Choose “Team Foundation Server Proxy” and click “Remove”
- Reconfigure proxy
- Select “Proxy Server” node and “Configure installed features”
- Run “Configure TFS Proxy” wizard